Base Titanium Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Australian and UK listed company, Base Resources. It is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people. Kwale is the first large scale mining development in Kenya and represents an exciting opportunity for high performing candidates seeking to be part of the successful Kwale Mine operations. Pragmatic and pro-active candidates with strong integrity and who work well in a team environment are encouraged to apply.
Control Systems Technician
As a member of the Maintenance Team, you will be reporting to the Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) Process Plant Superintendent and working closely with the Control Systems Engineer. You will be responsible for assisting in providing technical support to the E & I team for programming Simocode and VSD drives, software/SCADA development and diagnosis / repair, site wide PLC control development and diagnosis/repair in a safe and efficient manner.
The main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in proper maintenance of equipment & compliance with relevant safety regulations
- Assisting with instrumentation and electrical system installation trouble shooting and repair
- Assisting in the integration of post construction and modification plans into recorded drawings
- Assisting in the editing of recorded drawings for consistency and standardization
- Assisting in managing, integrating and updating the Engineering library and database
- Providing support to engineers and designers
- Ensuring conformance of work to designs through site inspections
To succeed you will be a Kenyan National and have:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (Light Current) and or a strong instrumentation and control background
- Demonstrable exposure and skills in working with sensors & transducers, pneumatic and electric valves and positioners.
- Strong working knowledge of Schneider Electric PLC’s, SCADA, HMI & Speed Drives, Control Systems e.g. Siemens and Microwin & Step 7 software,
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge and experience in IT software & Networking preferably Fibre Optic and Copper networking, Ethernet communication and Microsoft Windows and Office Packages
- Strong Working Knowledge of Variable Speed Drives
- Maintenance and diagnostic skills on relevant equipment
- A good understanding of workplace Health, Safety and Environmental procedures
- Demonstrable ability to work in a challenging environment with a multinational workforce with emphasis on multiple contractor management
- A ‘can do’ attitude with a strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- A valid driving license
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organization we encourage you to apply to the Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) Process Plant Superintendent at www.basetitanium.com/careers by no later than 22nd July 2018. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo an assessment and panel interview.