Base Titanium Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Australian and UK listed company, Base Resources. It is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people. Kwale is the first large mining development in Kenya and represents an exciting opportunity for high performing candidates seeking to be part of the successful Kwale mines operations. Pragmatic and pro-active candidates with strong integrity and who work well in a team environment are encouraged to apply.
Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic
As a member of the Maintenance Department, you will be reporting to the HME Shift Supervisor and will be required to carry out mechanical repairs and maintenance of mobile equipment and ensure all scheduled work is completed in a safe and timely manner, following safe work procedures and standards for Mobile Plant and equipment maintenance.
The main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and repairing mining equipment
- Performing fault finding and diagnostics of mining equipment
- Ensuring high levels of a mining equipment availability
- Promoting a safe working environment
- Recording all work done and parts used in the work order system
- Developing teamwork and ensuring team performance
- Ensuring effective communications within and between shifts
To succeed you will be a Kenyan National and have:
- A Certificate/Trade qualification as a Mechanic from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of earth moving equipment
- A committed and positive attitude to safety
- Proof of a completed apprenticeship as a Heavy Earthmoving Mechanic
- A sound and demonstrable understanding of engines, transmissions, drivetrains, hydraulics and auto-electrics
- Experience with CAT Electronic Technician (ET) and CAT Service Information Systems (SIS)
- Demonstrable experience with Caterpillar mining and construction equipment
- Strong communication skills and team work experience
- Sound computer skills
- A valid Driver’s License
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organisation, we encourage you to apply online www.basetitanium.com/careers by no later than 15th July 2018. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an assessment and panel interview.