Base Titanium Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Australian and UK listed company, Base Resources. It is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people. Kwale is the first large mining development in Kenya and represents an exciting opportunity for high performing candidates seeking to be part of the successful Kwale mines operations. Pragmatic and pro-active candidates with strong integrity and who work well in a team environment are encouraged to apply.
Light Vehicle & Auxiliary Equipment Mechanic
As a member of the Maintenance Department, you will be reporting to the Light Vehicle & Auxiliary Equipment Supervisor and will be required to carry out mechanical repairs and ensure all scheduled work is completed in a safe and timely manner, following safe work procedures and standards for Mobile Plant and equipment maintenance.
The main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and repairing auxiliary mining equipment and light vehicles
- Performing fault finding and diagnostics of auxiliary mining equipment and light vehicles
- Carrying out corrective maintenance to avoid unplanned equipment unavailability
- Ensuring high levels of auxiliary mining equipment and light vehicles availability
- Promoting a safe working environment
- Ensuring proper records on daily service sheets and planned maintenance service sheets
- Developing teamwork and ensuring team performance
- Ensuring effective communication within and between shifts
To succeed you will be a Kenyan National and have:
- At least a Higher National Diploma in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Automotive Vehicle, Generator and Diesel Equipment repairs
- Sound and demonstrable knowledge of good Mechanical/Automotive Engineering practice
- Excellent mechanical fault finding and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of management systems
- Knowledge of tools, equipment and materials common to the mechanical trade
- Strong communication skills.
- Passion for leading and developing team members
- A valid Kenyan driver’s License.
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organization, we encourage you to apply online www.basetitanium.com/careers by no later than 24th July 2018. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an assessment and panel interview.