Base Titanium Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Australian and UK listed company, Base Resources. It is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people. Kwale is the first large mining development in Kenya and represents an exciting opportunity for high performing candidates seeking to be part of the successful Kwale mines operations. Pragmatic and pro-active candidates with strong integrity and who work well in a team environment are encouraged to apply.
As a member of the Maintenance Department, you will report to the HME Workshop Supervisor and be required to perform fabrication, welding repairs and plant maintenance on heavy mobile equipment in a safe and timely manner, following safe work procedures and delivering work of a high standard.
The main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings correctly and carrying out repairs and modifications on Mobile Equipment as required
- Performing daily safety and pre-start checks on the equipment and submit reports
- Carrying out trouble shooting, fault finding and repairs to avoid unplanned equipment unavailability
- Ensuring all maintenance requests are attended to professionally and promptly
- Assisting the supervisor to estimate the amount of material required as per the job specification and place material requests
- Promoting a safe working environment
- Ensuring proper records on daily service sheets and planned maintenance service sheets
To succeed you will be a Kenyan National and have :
- At least Government Trade Test Certificate 1 in Welding and Fabrication.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of using common, welding equipment and procedures
- Knowledge of using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Eagerness to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of firefighting, safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organization, we encourage you to apply online www.basetitanium.com/careers by no later than 24th July 2018. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an assessment and panel interview.