Base Titanium Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Australian and UK listed company, Base Resources. It is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people. Kwale is the first large mining development in Kenya and represents an exciting opportunity for high performing candidates seeking to be part of the successful Kwale mines operations. Pragmatic and pro-active candidates with strong integrity and who work well in a team environment are encouraged to apply.
As a member of the Maintenance Department, you will be reporting to the Maintenance Planning Superintendent and will be required to provide the necessary maintenance planning skills required to ensure timely, safe and efficient scheduling of maintenance activities for assigned maintenance teams.
The main duties will include but are not limited to:
To succeed you will be a Kenyan National and have:
- Acting as internal liaison between planning and other departments.
- Developing, monitoring and updating weekly shutdown plans and schedules.
- Identifying and managing potential conflicts in planned activities and plant operations.
- Maximising plant availability through robust and detailed maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Working with the Supply Chain Officers to ensure all materials and equipment are available when required.
- Providing input into development & preparation of maintenance annual budget.
- Promoting a safe work environment.
- A comprehensive understanding of mining and processing operations at Kwale.
- A committed and positive attitude to safety.
- A BSc. degree in Mechanical/Civil/Mechatronics or related discipline.
- Experience in planning and scheduling software (preferably MS Project).
- Demonstrable experience in planning and/or engineering in the mining or construction industry.
- Strong leadership and a people oriented outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong communication skills and team work experience.
- Sound computer skills in all MS Office modules.
- A valid Driver’s License is an added advantage.
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organization, we encourage you to apply online www.basetitanium.com/careers
by no later than 26th July 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an assessment and panel interview.